Aitkin County Permits

As an informational note, any shed over 25 square feet and any deck or platform structure over 32 square feet requires a permit from Aitkin County.

When applying for a permit please follow due process:

  • Submit a Request for Lot Alteration to the Board
  • WAIT for the boards approval
  • The Board will send out a signed & approved Request for Lot alteration WITH a signed Authorized Agent form
  • Apply for your permit with Aitkin county

If we forget to send an Authorized Agent form with your approval, just send us a reminder. Following this process creates less work and follow ups by the county offices and the HLCCA Board.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter,