Another season coming to completion; It was definitely a year of transition, learning, and growing; I appreciate your patience, ideas and willingness to jump in where/when needed. Here is what is currently in the works:
1. Fall Shut Down/Clean Up – after further discussion and review of the extended forecast, water to individual sites will be turned off and winterized the weekend of October 13th/14th. The shower house will remain open a bit longer. Please be sure to winterize your camping unit prior to Oct 13th.
2. Docks will be removed the morning of October 13th; please be sure to have your boat removed from all HLC docks/slips prior to 9:00am that day.We will begin doing some dock prep this coming weekend, Oct 6th and 7th, and are looking for volunteers. If you are willing to help or have questions please see or contact Scott Berge.
3. Fall Raking – we will plan to rake and rid the grounds of as many leaves as possible the weekend of Oct 13th/14th. If you can assist in any way with any of these first three items, the weekend of Oct 13th/14th (half day, one day or the entire weekend), that would be much appreciated and it makes things go that much quicker and smoother. No need to RSVP, just show up.
4. Open Board Seat – the candidacy forms are in; I will send these in a separate email. I will send out instructions for voting (hoping to do this by the end of this week).
5. Carolyn is working her tail off to balance our budget and make everything work to avoid additional fees/assessments this season; sounds pretty promising. We will have a proposed 2019 budget send out in November.
6. Rules/Regulations – there were a number of rules that were discussed at the owners meetings this season questioning the possibility of modifications/changes. I will be sending a number of surveys out to obtain your individual feedback on those various rules. The board will plan to review the feedback and assess the need/desire for changes over the off season.
7. Save the Date – back by popular demand we will have an early season owners meeting again in 2019; plan on memorial weekend.
I think that is all for now! I know there is a lot going on but please consider helping out in any way you can the weekend of Oct 13th/14th. Having owners pitch in to do these things benefits the whole and saves us all money!
Thank you and have a safe fall/winter…stay warm!